Saturday, August 14, 2010

Soundtrack Saturday!

First of all! Thank you to all my new Followers!!! I'm so excited you're here! I'm hoping you'll enjoy my style and visit often! I'll try to keep it unique, in the words of my favorite Band 'you've got to come original!' -311

That being said I'd like share something I call Soundtrack Saturday.  I know its cheesy and everyone is enjoying these Alliterations with days so I thought I would too.

Here's how it works:

My life is consumed by music! I always have a song stuck in my head.  although I can't listen to music while I read, its too distracting, I love listening to music while I write and some of the things I write are inspired by certain songs.  I also quite often will associate songs with books I am reading or certain scenes in a book.  So I've decided to share those with you on Saturdays! Sometimes it may be a long list of songs or sometimes it may just be one song I thought went perfect with a part I just read.  Sound like fun? I hope so :)

My Soundtrack today is coming from Richelle Mead's Georgina Kincaid Series. (I'm sorry for being so obsessed with this lately!)  Its coming from the the series as a whole as I can hear all the songs in all the books.

1. Your love is my drug ~Ke$ha
2. Sideways ~Citizen Cope
3. Standing at the edge of the earth ~Blessid Union of Souls
4. I will follow you into the dark ~Death Cab for Cutie
5. Stand in the rain ~SuperChick
6. Lacrymosa ~ Evanescence
7. Landslide ~Dixie Chicks
8. Soul Meets Body ~ Death Cab for Cutie
9. Be With Me ~VAST
10. Pretty When You Cry ~VAST (this one I associate most with Bastien, and the hotel room scene)
11. Walk On ~U2

That's all I can think of for now.  If I reread this and something new pops into my head I'll add it so feel free to check back under the soundtracks label!

I'd love to hear some soundtracks you've put together for your favorite books!!! If I have a week where I come up blank maybe I'll feature you're list and a link to your blog, then I'll add your link to the side of my blog too!

Have a happy safe fun weekend! and Happy reading always!

No comments:

Post a Comment