Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Review: Catching Fire

Catching Fire
By Suzanne Collins
391 Pages
Published by Scholastic Inc
17.99 (Hardback)
book 2 of 3




What is it about:

Sparks are Igniting.
Flames Are Spreading.
And the Capitol Wants Revenge.

Against all odds, Katniss has won the Hunger Games.  She and fellow District 12 tribute Peeta Mellark are miraculously still alive.  Katniss should be relieved, happy even.  After all, she has returned to her family and her longtime friend, Gale.  Yet nothing is the way Katniss wishes it to be.  Gale holds her at an icy distance.  Peeta has turned his back on her completely.  And there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol-- a rebellion that Katniss and Peeta may have helped create.

Much to her shock, Katniss has fueled an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop.  And what scares her even more is that she's not entirely convinced she should try.  As time draws near for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever.  If they can't prove, without a Shadow of a doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying.

What I think:

Im Just as obsessed with this as the Hunger Games.  I have to wait for Mockingjay because I had a gift card from amazon, and that's what is always on my mind currently.  Anyway, I love watching how the relationship between Peeta and Katniss grew. I'm still team Peeta. This book had so many twists I felt like I was on the spinning cornicopia.  I couldn't stop reading.  I love the part where Katniss wakes up Haymitch and then jumps out the window.  I feel like this such a great picture of her character, it was like she jumped out that window and into real life.

I loved this book! and I'm patiently awaiting Mockingjay, okay you caught me, I'm entirely jealous of everyone who already has it and I want to go the the local walmart and just stare at it!




Until next time happy reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment