Friday, August 20, 2010

A few Favorites

I was sitting at work today thinking about scenes in books that are unforgettable, and always stick in my mind so I thought I'd share them today.

1. Jane Eyre- It's been a while since I've read this book, I've had it on my needs to be reread pile for awhile but I have so many new books its taking me a while.  The scene in Jane Eyre that always stuck with me was, After Jane finds out Edward has already been married and she has decided to leave him.  Edward is sitting outside of Jane's room and when she emerges he wraps his arms around her and pulls her into his lap.  I just love the way you can feel Jane's pain and her love for Edward all in that one moment.

2. Succubus Blues- In the end where Georgina is sitting in the car crying to Carter.  I love this scene because its true to Carters nature.  I love his character and its a big part of his development in the story.  I love how much he cares about Georgina and that she has someone to be there for her when she's down.  This was the moment i fell in love with Carter.

3. Catching Fire- There's a Scene where Katniss goes to wake up Haymitch and throws a bucket of water on his face.  I love how she waits in the window when he pulls out a knife.  Tells him if he wanted to babied he should have asked Peeta to wake him. and when Peeta shows up she bolts out the window.  I love this part because there is so much descriptions and feeling in it I could actually picture the whole thing in my head.

That's all I have for right now because I gotta run but I have more so I'll add later!  My readers are my favorite;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm re-reading Catching Fire right now to get ready for Mockingjay next week, and I just read that scene last night! :) There are so many memorable moments in that book. I love it!

    ReplyDelete