Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Review: All You Desire



All You Desire
By: Kirsten Miller
Published by: Penguin group
423 pages







My Playlist:



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


What its about:

Haven Moore and Iain Morrow have been living a blissful life in Rome, an ocean way from the Ouroboros Society and its diabolical leader. But paradise is not to last. The mysterious disappearance of Haven's best friend, Beau, sends the pair running back to New York, where they encounter the Horae, an underground group of women who have spent centuries scheming to destroy Adam Rosier. Only they can help Haven uncover the secret to Beau's whereabouts in one of her past lives. But their help comes at a price: Haven must infiltrate the Ouroboros Society, charm Adam Rosier, and lure him into a trap. It's a plan the Horae believe will save the world-but Haven and Iain fear that it may destroy the happiness they've been chasing for two thousand years.

What I thought:

This is the 2nd book in the eternal ones series.  I really enjoy the story line and the first half of this book was easier to read for me than the last half. The thing had the most difficult time with is the character development in this one. Haven can't seem to make a choice for the life of her.  She can't seem to decide who to trust or how things really happened even when it seems pretty obvious. Although you can't blame her for not trusting a guy who has kept bodies that once belonged to her locked away for years.  Not that he is who I was even hoping she'd trust.  It also drove me nuts that she was out partying and wasting time through out the entirety of the book.

 And Beau.... I'm pretty not happy with this character.  I really liked him in the first book but I think he took a fall from the stupid and bad choice tree. But at least he can make a choice I guess.

I still think the story is brilliant and if you liked the first one I wouldn't discourage you from reading the second book by any means.  But it has serious middle book syndrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment