Friday, March 11, 2011

Review: Anna and the French Kiss




Anna and the French Kiss
By Stephanie Perkins
Published by Dutton Books
372 Pages
16.99 (hardback)








My Must have Playlist:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


What its about:
Anna was looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris—until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all . . . including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss? Stephanie Perkins keeps the romantic tension crackling and the attraction high in a debut guaranteed to make toes tingle and hearts melt.

What I thought:

I want to take this book to dinner.  I want to read it over and over and over again.  I think every single girl everywhere should read this book before leaving home for the first time. I seriously want to cuddle with this book.  It leaves you feeling happy and in love.  I had goosebumps! 

Anna's Character is beautifully developed and I want to be her friend. She feels so real.  All the feelings she has when she leaves home the first time are feelings everyone feels, which makes it easy to associate with her.  She was easy for me to relate to since I work at a movie theater and love movies as well.  So beautifully written.  I adore St. Clair I don't even have words for how great and real he seems.  He's not Perfect but he is. 

I love the descriptions of Paris.  I was there just a year ago on my honeymoon and it felt like I was back there.  I wish I could write with as much attention to detail and beautiful scenery.  I know I'm coming off super cheesy in this review but I can't say I LOVE IT enough.   

I've skipped a bunch of reviews lately but I just feel like the world needs to hear about this one.  Go buy it!  for real. Right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment